Co-op Full-Stack Developer, Kaizen Music, Vancouver
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada - Hybrid
Start: Monday January 9, 2022
Term Length: 8 months
- Currently enrolled in an Associate, Bachelor, or Master degree program and or post secondary or training experience with a focus on subjects in software development or other technical related field
- Experience in Software Development and coding in a general purpose programming language
- Side projects or open source coding
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
About the Job
As a member of the Kaizen team, you will work on client facing features for Kaizen - an artist to artist music collaboration site focused on incremental releases of music.
You will be immersed in the world of web application development, gaining experience with modern technologies such as: TypeScript, React, Webpack, Node.js, MongoDB. As a key member of a cross-disciplinary team, we will identify projects that match your interests and align with our business objectives. These projects will have a substantial impact on the product and provide value directly to our customers. Pairing is an integral part of our development process. Through pairing with others on the team you will get to know the team, learn from them, and eventually share your knowledge with others.
Along the way you can expect to have consistent mentorship, professional development, and weekly Happy Hours Friday at 4PM.
Who You Are
You are constantly looking to improve and learn. When faced with a seemingly impossible challenge, you keep your composure and break the problem down to manageable pieces. You have an interest in web application development and learning how to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science of software engineering courses to real world problems
- Attend daily standups to report progress and identify anything impeding progress
- Specific areas of focus are project dependent. Some include:
- Building frontend user experiences using React
- Optimising queries to improve site performance
- Developing new APIs